Sunday, February 7, 2016

Family

At a time of loss, it is family holding us together.

I'm sure that for many of us it was one of the hardest moments of our lives yesterday afternoon. But in that room of sorrow was also so much love. It helps to know that she wasn't alone. She was surrounded by love.

I'm so grateful for the childhood I was given. For all the wonderful memories. For the unconditional love.

I have regrets. I have lessons learned.

The kindness from my aunts and uncles and cousins has meant so much; all of their kind words and gestures. I have loved listening to their stories. I have loved getting to know them better. And I am very much looking forward to spending more time with them.



Grandma. Loving. Strong. Matriarch. Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment