Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Quiet

I've been feeling an overwhelming amount of emotions in the last two days. I can't say that it is for any particular reason. There are many reasons. Good and bad.

All I wanted today was to come home to an empty house. It is one of those days where I would like to be alone to recharge. I wanted to feel the quiet.

I would like to pull up to the drive way knowing that no one is there. How nice it would be to put a record on. Loud. Keeping the lights dim, grabbing a steaming cup of tea or whiskey on the rocks. Pulling myself up in the comfort of my softest blanket. And breathing, embracing the sound of the scratched vinyl playing my favorite songs. If tears flow, letting them flow, feeling the cathartic release and filling back up with the peacefulness within.


No comments:

Post a Comment