Tuesday, January 19, 2016

31

31 and mercury is in retrograde. It has felt just like that kind of week. My emotions are everywhere so I am spending my day off in bed re-watching Gilmore Girls for the hundredth time. I have a ton to do this week and will be working all of the upcoming weekend thus I am avoiding all of it. I am a great avoider/procrastinator.

I did, however, have a great birthday. I spent it just like I wanted, in Joshua Tree. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was better than what I had pictured. None of us had been before so we stopped at the visitor center, grabbed a map, and headed out to Keys View first. That's where the bottom picture was taken. From there we drove in the direction of Jumbo Rocks/Skull Rock. I would say "we" climbed rocks but honestly I am such a klutz that I avoided most climbing except for when we found a spot to take a snack/drink break. At the end of the night we pulled over at Indian Cove to look at the stars but were freezing so we didn't stay for long.  I can't wait to go back and hopefully camp overnight next time.

It's days like that that I am constantly wanderlusting about.


No comments:

Post a Comment